D&C 18: 10-14
"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.
And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.
And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!
Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people."

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4-6-10

Hey everybody!

Happy late Easter!
yes Im still alive. ha. I didnt have the opportunity to write yesterday because it was a holiday. EVERYTHING shuts down here its crazy. but we ended p day a little early so we could come to the library and write you guys. My heart was filled with gratitude too as I watched conference. Heres how it went for us. Got up 6am out the door by 7 caught a bus to the church for the recorded priesthood session which would be played sunday at 8 in the morning. We watched that and I think I cried through every talk. ha except one or something like that. I hope dad had the opportunity to see it. if not you guys need to for family home evening one time, watch one of the Presidency of the seventy speak on Missionary work. I loved that talk so much!

Then we watched Saturday morning session directly following that. Also recorded. Then we had lunch (Elder Gonzalez and I brought French toast we had made, and everyone wanted some... so we shared ha.) Then we watched Saturday afternoon session also recorded. Then we contacted for an hour, ate dinner at Elder Dukes apartment, Picked up a member in a wheelchair and wheeled her to the Church at Olympic speedwalk pace to make it in time for the live Sunday morning session. Thats the only one we were watching at the same time. it was cool to think about it.

It was really different watching conference from a missionary perspective. Being a missionary has changed the way I look at things. I could see the patience in our leaders as they urged us to do the small things with more diligent effort. I could see the love they have for the Lord, and through them, His love for us. I also took special notice to the reality of the greatness of their calling and how they have made it their entire life. I urge you all at home to love the new converts. Be their friends. Missionaries cant do it all. WE NEED MEMBERS to love the people who are recently baptized, invite them to sit by you at church, bring them in on a family home evening, teach them correct doctrine and the why's of the gospel. Teach them through example what it means to be a member of Christ's church. Make them laugh, Make them cry tears of joy. Its crazy how little of conversion has to do with baptism. not to disregard it at all, but it just doesnt stop there.

I have such a different outlook on church, district meetings, zone conferences, General conference etc. because I used to look at things like that as long meetings that were good for my spiritual growth. (except I really did like them... sometimes I just thought they were long) now as a missionary we do a lot of teaching and sometimes its just so nice to be taught. to just sit down and be taught hah. I love it.! I think okay, I can just soak it all in haha. then I do. Then we teach teach teach (which is awesome) and some of that stuff we have soaked in goes away each time. we can tell when its time for another zone conference because we feel a little worn out haha. Now I look at these things as recharge stations. ha so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment