D&C 18: 10-14
"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.
And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.
And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!
Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people."

Sunday, March 7, 2010

2-22-10

okay well... HAAH! your prayers are being answered! The gift of tongues is coming like crazy! Really... before I came on a mission i felt like the gift of tongues would allow me to speak in dire circumstances or that things would just come out which I would not normally have known how to say but then I realized that the gift of tongues comes through work and is a slow process. That was last weeks opinion. This week I think its both.

Last night Elder Gonzalez and I taught the First Lesson to a part member family. Only, none of the members were there so it was all on us. It went beautifully. The slovene came out. The understanding was there. I remember having an answer given me for every question that they had.... except one ha but that's because you don't really address that topic in the first lesson... i think it was kingdoms of glory. I just said that we would get to that. The only thing is I don't remember what I said! I was literally given the words in my mouth that I needed to say. It has almost nothing to do with me. only Heavenly Father and how much he loves His children, how much he wants them to understand how much he loves them. I was speaking beautiful Slovene, and it came to me. It wasn't hard. Mom, it was a miracle. I don't think it was perfect, but I do know that they understood everything I wanted them to. and Elder Gonzalez taught the Joseph Smith story beautifully like always. wow. Gift of tongues is correct. I have a permanent testimony of the validity of that gift for those who proselyte in different tongues. Plus we are learning at an accelerated rate. The power of God is real.

We are growing fast too. we are finding out how strong we are, how much we can do and its cool. Also we have really learned how to rely on the Lord, which is something I plan to continue to do. I'd rather it be His power they feel than mine. (because they wouldn't feel it if it were me) I really now better than ever understand the hymn "I need Thee every hour." We are weak. woah sometimes I feel like a little kid out here. But its okay, because there is real power leading us. I don't think missionary work has ever been harder, or that we have ever been more blessed.

Love you lots. Wow the work is going fast! and its picking up speed.
Elder Sherman.

No comments:

Post a Comment