D&C 18: 10-14
"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.
And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.
And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!
Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people."

Sunday, February 7, 2010

2-7-10

okay fam.... here goes what I did for personal study this morning. I was planning out the goals for my mission as far as numbers for my mission President, and through a chain of events, wrote this down which came to me as I thought and was inspired. here goes.

Its not perfect... but hey. neither am I. I just copied it basically from its first draft this morning so.... patience. (yes its a virtue)



Father Can I Help?

I had just written the Goals of my mission down (as far as numbers go) when I remembered something Elder Call always told me: "its not about the numbers." This made me think about what its really about. Through inspiration I was reminded of something I did frequently as a child. My dad was working and I loved being around my dad when he was building or fixing something. I remember frequently asking "Dad can I help?" Being very young the help I could offer would probably make the job more cumbersome than had he just done it himself, but he always answered "Yes" as if he were in dire need and I was the whole SOS squad. Then he did something very important. He waked me through the what, how, and why to do's and gave me a job I could handle, or helped me with those I could not. I remembered one time we were remodeling, and mom snapped a picture of me with a screwdriver in one hand, a hammer in the other, and ski goggles over my head. How I loved helping my father with his work.

And How I love helping my Father in Heaven with His work, but in the same manner, our inexperienced hands are often clumsy and frankly too small. With all the energy of our young hearts we fill out our papers and ask: "Father, can I help?" And as only a loving father can He answers yes with encouraging enthusiasm and assigns us to a task he knows we can do, and helps us with things we cannot. He knows that the skills gained from allowing us to help will prove invaluable throughout our lives and so; He walks us through, showing us what, how, and why we do the work, and He and our Elder Brother work right beside us the whole way as we help build the Kingdom of God.


--- so thats touching to me. I really like looking at missionary work like that. Im not perfect. but He is. and its His project. I am filled to the very boundaries of my soul with gratitude for being able to help. to help Him, although he really doesnt need me, and to help other people. Awesome stuff.


well Im looking forward to that package with pictures in it with labels so that Ill be sure to know that the unrecognizable faces belong to Malan, Cortney, and Jaclyn, my siblings
who are just growing up too fast.. ha almost wrote vast. that changes the meaning a little. lol.

well I love you guys. dont fret about anything Im easy going. I do this sort of thing ( being away from my family for two years) all the time..... ha lol. well... maybe not.


loves

Elder Sherman.

No comments:

Post a Comment