D&C 18: 10-14
"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.
And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.
And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!
Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people."

Sunday, January 17, 2010

1-11-10

Family: and this is mostly for moms benefit too.
Im doing great! so so so good. We are being really blessed. We are super close
to finding an apartment... now we just need to decide which one we want. And we
have some goo oood potential investigators and a new golden investigator.

The work is going great! We have a new investigator named saša. She has 2 kids 8
and 10. We are hoping that they'll all be baptized, but they still have a long
way to go.

A spiritual story... so I recently learned that personality makes all the
difference. Its a serious message sure, and a happy one too. But we are people.
You have so much more success if people see you as real people. So I've been
incorporating personality into the work. Ooh and we talked to this lady who
totally committed to reading the book of Mormon and praying about it!
She basically promised but she didn't want to meet with us.
žalostno ne? (sad right) but super too. If you can have personality and teach by the spirit.
Awesome. Awesome. Every day I want to be better. Every day! and I'm improving. ha i forgot
yesterday that it was pday today I was proud of myself because that means
that I'm focused.

Ive really learned a lot about the Atonement. wow. We listen to talks and
devotionals every day almost.. at lunch dinner or before bed.I'm learning so
much. Its fantastic. Its not hard to be a better person. Just decide you love
the Lord more than you love the convenience of not changing.

My super goal this week is to be inconvenient. What I mean is to do the things
that are righteous but inconvenient. I think I've grown from just wanting to do
that and trying it.

We are seeing some good success here. The church is growing and God is leading
it.

As a missionary you are only ever happy when you're working your guts out. True
story. Days I don't work as hard, I'm not as happy. I'm falling in love with the work.

love you guys. tons. love your little Slovene.
Thanks for your prayers.

Elder Sherman





No comments:

Post a Comment